Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Product Review!


I hate sponges. I really, really do. I think they are disgusting, although I have never been able to decide exactly *what* makes them disgusting. Paper towels are fine, but they are expensive. I always feel oddly extravagant while busting through one roll of paper towels during a morning of cleaning. (I feel the same way with the antibacterial wipes. They are just wonderful, but I feel wasteful when I use them.)


While on my weekly shopping trip to Sam's Club, (I can't stay away from that place) I happened upon these great, reuseable and washable dishrags that are used in food service situations. I feel that I feed a community of people most days, even though I am only feeding two small children, so something that is designed for "food service" would seem appropriate for my kitchen. I bought a package of 25 for under 7 dollars. I was skeptical at how well they would wear, but decided to give them a try.


One week has gone by, and I have been using these rags for washing dishes, wiping counters and cupboard fronts, scrubbing floors, appliances and walls. I used them to clean the dining room table and chairs after meals. I really love how clean my kitchen floor seems after scrubbing with these clothes and a bucket of hot soapy water. A much better job than my mop does!


They have been washed and rewashed. The rags have held up remarkably well. I have tried similar products that I purchased in the cleaning aisle of Walmart and wasn't impressed with the durability of the ones there. These "food service" quality rags are wonderful! I keep them washed and folded in the cupboard next to my sink. It's so handy to grab a fresh one when needed! I toss the used ones in a little bucket outside in the laundry room until I have enough for a little load, when I wash them in hot water with bleach and some detergent.


(For you fellow readers with a phobia of germs, I am not sure how I feel about using a rag that has been used for scrubbing my floor in my dishpan. They are washed and bleached to oblivion in between uses, so it's probably fine. I am thinking of having a stack that I use for cleaning and a stack that I use for dishes. That's probably the best solution.)


There! My first mundane product review! I swear, I am not a boring loser. Really, I am not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not boring...these look very interesting to me. Thanks for posting this (although curse you, slightly, for sending me to Sam's again!) ;)

Brooke said...

I bought some of these today. Are you still loving them??